PostgreSQL Database Server 12 PGDG
postgresql12 - PostgreSQL client programs and libraries
PostgreSQL is an advanced Object-Relational database management system (DBMS).
The base postgresql package contains the client programs that you'll need to
access a PostgreSQL DBMS server, as well as HTML documentation for the whole
system. These client programs can be located on the same machine as the
PostgreSQL server, or on a remote machine that accesses a PostgreSQL server
over a network connection. The PostgreSQL server can be found in the
If you want to manipulate a PostgreSQL database on a local or remote PostgreSQL
server, you need this package. You also need to install this package
if you're installing the postgresql12-server package.
by Devrim Gündüz (2020-11-09):
- Update to 12.5, per changes described at
by Devrim Gündüz (2020-08-12):
- Update to 12.4, per changes described at
by Devrim Gündüz (2020-05-13):
- Update to 12.3, per changes described at
- Fix RHEL 8 builds: Paths changed in 8.2...
by Devrim Gündüz (2020-02-11):
- Update to 12.2, per changes described at
by Devrim Gündüz (2019-11-11):
- Update to 12.1, per changes described at
- Fix Python dependency issue in the main package, and move all
plpython* packages into their respective subpackages.
by Devrim Gündüz (2019-10-01):
- Please welcome PostgreSQL 12.0!