PostgreSQL RPM Building Project - Finding your distribution/architecture
Finding out which distribution and architecture you are using
If you do not know which OS/arch you are using, please run the following:
Step 1: Find distribution
* cat /etc/redhat-release : This command will give you an output like:
- Fedora release 24 (Twenty Four)
- Scientific Linux release 6.8 (Carbon)
- CentOS release 6.8 (Final)
- CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
or similar. So they mean you are using Fedora 24 or Scientific Linux/CentOS 6.8 or CentOS 7.2.
Step 2: Find architecture
* uname -m : This command will give you an output like x86_64 or i686.
So, if the first output is Fedora 18 and the second one is x86_64, go to Repository Packages page, and find the repository RPMs in the PostgreSQL version that you are looking for.