PostgreSQL RPM Building Project - Finding your distribution/architecture
Finding out which distribution and architecture you are using
If you do not know which OS/arch you are using, please run the following:
Step 1: Find distribution
* cat /etc/redhat-release : This command will give you an output like:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.3 (Maipo)
- CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
- CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
- Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)
or similar. So they mean you are using RHEL 7.3, CentOS 7.3, CentOS 6.9 or Fedora 25, respectively.
Step 2: Find architecture
* uname -m : This command will give you an output like x86_64, ppc4le or i686.
So, if the first output is Fedora 25 and the second one is x86_64, go to Repository Packages page, and find the repository RPMs in the PostgreSQL version that you are looking for.